Elks in Paradise
Let the boating season begin! Decorate your boat for the 53rd Annual Blessing of the Fleet, a daytime parade, and have your boat blessed as you pass thru the Clear Creek Channel. Registration is required to participate. The $35 entry fee goes to the Clear Lake/Kemah Elks Lodge to sponsor veterans and special needs children's programs.
Saturday April 24th, 10:00 AM, at the Clear Lake/Kemah Elk's Lodge #2322, at 623 Hanson Rd, Kemah,TX. An additional $10 refundable deposit is required to pick up a boat number, which will be refunded when your boat number is returned at the Award's Ceremony.
PARADE RENDEZVOUS TIME AND LOCATION:
Sunday April 25th, 1:15 PM on Clear Lake at the entrance of the Clear Creek channel.
BOAT ORDER & APPROXIMATE DEPARTURE TIME:
1) Grand Marshal - 1:50 PM
2) Salute to Military Boat - 2:00 PM (after group #1)
3) Commercial Shrimpers - 2:10 PM (after group #2)
4) Pleasure Yachts - 2:20 PM (after group #3)
5) Wrangler (final boat in parade) - After group #4
Sunday April 25th, 4:30 PM at the Clear Lake/Kemah Elks Lodge #2322, 623 Hanson Rd, Kemah,TX
Winners will be announced and trophies will be presented at this time
All boats - Shrimpers, other Commercial and Pleasure Yachts – #72, Coast Guard #16
ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO:
1) Start and stay with their designated group.
2) Wait until all vessels in the prior group have departed before entering the parade.
3) Maintain a minimum of 200 yards spacing between other boats in the parade.
4) Obey all instructions from the Parade Wrangler during the course of the parade.
BOATS WILL BE JUDGED ON:
1) Originality of “Elks in Paradise”
3) Time and Effort
4) Decorations - Quality and Quantity
5) Enthusiasm of Captain and Crew
ONLY BOATS THAT HAVE REGISTERED FOR THE PARADE AND ARE DISPLAYING THEIR OFFICIAL NUMBER, WILL BE ELIGIBLE TO COMPETE FOR TROPHIES, PRIZES AND / OR CASH AWARDS.